Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Where Did the Year Go?

 I see the last time I posted here was the end of January!  In the 13 years since I have been writing my blog I have never been so slack on updates. Better get back on track for next year.

I went over a year without painting  but finally managed to paint a few wood slices and a couple paintings just for fun.  It's been a long road back out of depression and anxiety but the last few months have been more back to normal. 

The best news of the year is that Kristie and Greg moved down here to their new home in Beaver Harbour!   Kristie has wanted to move down for quite awhile and I was so happy to see that dream come true for her (and me lol). October was a very busy but exciting time and now things have settled into place and life is great! 

We were able to enjoy a few days at the cottage in Windsor this summer and then Billy, Brit and I took off for a week in Ontario for Thanksgiving and my birthday. My friend Cindy came with us and we had a great time.   My new favorite place to stop is the Big Apple Factory just off the 401. Such delicious treats there!

Brit was able to come off one of her meds that was giving her hand tremors. She was doing so well, was happier, more alert and lost some weight. Then out of the blue the two clients that had been living with Brooke moved out within a week of each other. This devastated Britni and sent her into a tailspin. She had to go back on the medication to get herself back under control  and after a couple rough weeks at the beginning of the month she is now feeling better and is back to her writing.  When she was going through her rough time,  Kristie was here every day to support us which was a godsend. Kristie is now her full time support and respite worker and Brit loves it.

Billy is done work for the winter but keeps busy shoveling snow when we get it, and is enjoying the Roku in the living room. Maybe Santa will bring him one for his room...wink, wink!

Everything is almost ready for Christmas.  We are having brunch and gift opening at my house Christmas morning, then our Christmas dinner at Kristies on boxing day.  Brit and Billy are both hoping to spend some time with their families over the holidays which I'm sure will happen. I still have a bit of baking to do for the tins we like to hand out but other than that I'm ready. Since I started shopping and wrapping so early this year,  I'm excited for Christmas morning to see what I bought everyone, can't remember what's in half the packages...ha ha ha!

Guess that's it for tonight. Merry Christmas everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment