Sunday, January 20, 2019

New Year, New Friends!

Happy New Year!
So far I'm having a great start to the new year. 2018 ended well having made a new friend. His name is Fred, and we have a lot in common. When I returned back to Ontario for a visit last week he was able to come along with me. We had a great week meeting up with the family and a few friends. The weather was great, no snow at all in Ontario and fairly mild temperatures. The drives there and back went very smoothly with clear roads, no construction and very little traffic. It was a great trip overall and I'm happy I got to spend that time getting to know more about my new friend. It was also great to spend time with Kristie, Brad and Sam, Scarlett and Jaxx . It was also great to see Mom and Dad doing well and to have a few minutes to visit with Catharine, Pat and Terry. As always there is never enough time to see everyone but we'll catch up with more family on my next trip.
I made it back in plenty of time before our first big winter storm was scheduled to hit. As expected the storm started last night and has continued on today changing from snow this morning to freezing rain this afternoon. As usual, we did not get the amount of snow that was predicted. No more than a few inches before the freezing rain started which is supposed to change to rain tonight.
My little dog Frankie is scheduled to be a father next weekend. He got my friend Dawn's Chiweenie named Maggie in the family way LOL! I am hoping all goes well next weekend for Maggie as this will be her first litter.
So that is my quick update for January. Dad will be celebrating his 90th birthday in March and Mom is hoping I will be able to make it back for that. Time off and weather will determine if I can make the trip again so soon, but as always everything happens for a reason and when it's supposed to so I will just wait and see.
See you back here next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment